Sunday, March 3, 2013

Teaching Channel

Having just completed my formal observation for our new APPR, I am still buzzing with self-reflection, and still seeking to improve my own knowledge as a "highly effective" (hopefully!) teacher. I want to share a resource that I have found very valuable. The Teaching Channel . This site has a variety of videos at all grade levels. As you watch the videos, common core connections pop-up on some videos. For other videos common core connections can be found along the right hand side of the screen. One of my favorite videos is of a kindergarten teacher, and her students counting collections. This basic foundation skill can be expanded and enriched for higher level students, and can be differentiated for lower level students. The basic number sense this activity draws on is such an important skill.

1 comment: