Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

It's been quite a week here in the northeast.  I consider myself extremely lucky though when I see the devastation that Sandy wrought not too far south of me.  Here in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York, we muddled through a few days without power.  (Boy, you sure do realize how much you rely on electricity when you're without it for a few days...Blogger, how I missed you!)  We already used 2 of our "snow" days thanks to Sandy, which we may have to start calling something other than "snow" days around here.  Our district builds a total of 5 "snow" days into our calendar, so I'm really hoping for a super mild winter.  

I'm sure you're all aware of the total devastation brought on by Sandy.  But just in case, here's a clip courtesy of CNN.




My local teacher's union, PPSTA (Poughkeepsie Public School Teachers Association), along with my state teacher's union, NYSUT (New York State Union for Teachers), is pulling together to raise funds for those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.

In an effort to give all that I can, I am throwing a 2 day sale in my TpT store, every item is 20% off for two days, Saturday, November 3rd, and Sunday, November 4th.  I will be donating every dollar I earn over the course of the sale to the NYSUT Disaster Relief and Scholarship Fund.  Here's your chance to save yourself a little money, and at the same time, help those who are desperately in need.  If you're not interested in purchasing from my store but would still like to donate, you can do so here: 



No comments:

Post a Comment