Sunday, October 21, 2012

Did you know?

You probably did....But here goes anyway! I've been playing around with printer settings a lot lately as I create things for my classroom.  I've been creating anchor charts, posters, and signs, and then printing them poster size on my printer.  Here's a link to a brief explanation: Helper Poster Chart Freebie.  I also create a lot of card games for my students to play for practice with sight word recognition and nonsense word fluency.  I usually place 6-8 cards on a sheet that looks like this:
I like this size for playing in whole group, it's easier for everyone to see the cards that are drawn out.  I wanted something smaller for small groups of students to play or for individual students to play at their desk, but didn't want to re-create the whole file again.  So, I found out that you can print multiple pages onto one page, the printer reduces the size of the graphics/words to fit.  YAY!  All you have to do is go to your print settings under page size and handling and select "multiple", then choose "pages per sheet", take a peek at your preview and see if that size works for you. 


Those are the steps for my particular printer, but I'm sure you'll find a similar setting for most printers.  Enjoy!



 

4 comments:

  1. I use that feature all of the time. Paper is like gold at our school, I reduce the size of a lot of my books, worksheets, ect... Our weekly assessment is 8 pages long. I print 4 on one side and 4 on the other. Save on paper and ink. :D
    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip!! Thanks so much for the tutorial! This will come in SOO handy!!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog through Miss V's Busy Bees giveaway. I'm glad I did, because I teach first grade too.

    Corinna

    ReplyDelete