Jennifer over at Rowdy in First is hosting a "Ten Things I've Learned from Teaching" linky party.
Here are ten things I have learned from teaching. Although I probably could have easily written twenty things I have learned! LOL
1. I get just as excited to look at the Scholastic book order as my students (maybe more!).2. Someone needs to tell the shoe lace makers to stop making slippery laces that won’t stay tied (even when they are double-knotted!).
3. A copy machine can be your best friend, or your worst enemy (There is always a paper jam when you are in a hurry).
4. After a bunch of years teaching, I still get nervous before the first day of school.
5. NO ONE (except a teacher’s closest friends and family) knows just how many hours teachers really devote to planning, setting up, creating, volunteering for after school activities, etc...every day and every week.
6. A teacher always knows when it’s going to snow (Here in upstate NY we used all of our allotted snow days this year, plus one to be made up)!
7. Someone in my school eats pencils (Unless you have another explanation for the constantly dwindling pencil population in my classroom).
8. After a child has had a bathroom accident in your classroom, you become acutely aware of any possible signs of a potty dance.
9. You can never have enough crayons, glue sticks, markers, or colored pencils.
10. Parents don’t keep their best kids at home, and only send us the challenging ones—they send us their “baby”.