Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DIBELs Nonsense Word Fluency



Do you DIBEL?  Teachers of primary grades know the importance of quick, accurate decoding skills.  Check out my TPT store for a couple of games that are perfect for nonsense word fluency practice.



In "I want Candy!", students read nonsense words to collect as much candy as they can before they get a toothache.  


In "Get Your Peanuts Here!", students read nonsense words to collect as many peanuts as they can before the elephant eats them.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cute and will go perfectly in those peanut and candy containers from Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Amy. Those containers were my inspiration for creating this activity.
    ☺ Thanks for your note!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas. I am new to professional blogging and I am completely addicted because of blogs like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete